Design - just personal opinions
examples of close-to-home and not so close-to-home design
- Black and Decker Brew 'n' Go -
super one cup coffee maker. Very reliable.
- Proctor Silex 'no cable'
electric kettle. Inexpensive, functional, reliable!
- Bosch Induction Top stove.
Faster than a microwave, stylish.
- Bosch dishwasher. Silent and efficient.
- DeWalt power tools. Functional
- Acom A1000 linear amplifier.
Should be awarded best functional design awards.
- BMW X1 (2017 - F48). Same transmission as Volvo XC60, but vastly better software.
- Mitsubishi split a/c remote
controller. Barely OK. Could be so much better.
- Volvo XC60. Poor interior finish. Awful 8 speed transmission (Aisin) software, especially under braking. Road & wind noise.
- CuisineArt coffee maker. Steam condenses as water into buttons on control panel. Last couple of cups of coffee tricky to pour out.
- Mozilla Firefox 57 - simply
awful and very, very broken. A travesty compared to earlier dominance.
40, I-26 Asheville (near Asheville Airport and BMW dealer). What,
in God's name, is this abomination?
- Toyota Prius Prime. What is
this ghastly piece of plastic rubbish? Especially inside. Dreadful.
- Yaesu G1000DXA controller.
What moron designed the unit
with a sloping top?
- Venmar Deco ERV controller.
The ergonomics make no sense at all.....
- (Charter) Spectrum DVR
controls. Ergonomics? What are they?
Solutions/KB7GF. Wimpy construction, dreadfully disorganised
instructions & very limiting footprint/proximity requirements [plus 12 weeks wait time from order to delivery].
2003-2017 Hintlink. All
CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) IP Address:
220.127.116.11 Remote Host: