right are major news sources.
rest of this page
are the personal opinions or other newsworthy ideas from Hintlink.
& UK, 2013
referendum of the UK and EU
Productivity - interesting!
Pending (and then confirmed) news
Germany has no Government after failure to form coalition
- 2017-12-14 FCC Net neutrality vote goes
- 2017-12-14 Next 'Brexit' summit in EU -
little to no progress
Temporary protected status - 57,000 Haitians to leave by 2019-05-20
- 2017-11-06 Temporary protected status -
2,500 Nicaraguans to leave by 2019-01-05
Temporary protected status - 200,000
Salvadorans - to leave by 2019-09-09
- 2018-01-31 Temporary protected status - 7,000 Syrians - to (provisionally) leave by 2019-09-30
- 2018-04-26 Temporary Protected Status - 9,000 Nepalis - to leave by 2019-06-24
protected status - 57,000 Hundurans - to leave by 2020-01-05
- 2017-12-21 Brexit date set at 2019-03-29 23:00:00Z
by Law (with change possible!)
- 2017-12-23 Next phase of Brexit
talks in March 2018!
- 2018-01-08 At the end of January
2018, formal negotiations due to begin on a transition period after Brexit.
EU wants finalised 'Brexit' agreement by October 2018 (!)
- 2018-01-11 Brent Crude tops $70 per
barrel for first time in ~4 years.
- 2018-01-12 US Dollar (USD) very weak
against major currencies. Accelerates decline. 14% decline in one year.
Trade deficit between China and USA hits $300bn record for 2017. ~$1000
per person per year. (+14%, same as the decline in the USD)
- 2018-02-05 Jerome H. Powell installed as Fed. Chairman
- 2018-02-05 Largest points drop ever in DJIA
- 2018-02-07 German coalition finally sealed
- 2018-02-08 USA Gov't funding runs out (again)
- 2018-03-05 DACA program(me) supposedly ends
- 2018-05-12 Iranian nuclear deal renewal due (over-ridden by Trump prior to this date)
2003-2018 Hintlink. All
CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) IP Address:
22.214.171.124 Remote Host: